How to Monetize your Health-Focused Blog
So you’ve created a health-focused blog and are spending countless hours writing unique and interesting content. Even more, you’re starting to get good traffic to the site. Now it’s time to consider how to make money with your site. There are lots of solutions in the marketplace for monetizing your healthy blog, so we created a short how-to list to help you begin reaching your revenue goals with Healthy Ads.
Ways to monetize your food site
- Your site should be hosted on its own top-level domain, such as blogname.com (not free hosted). This is extremely important as most brand advertisers will not advertise on sites hosted on blogging platforms (ie: yourhealthsite.wordpress.com).
- Your health-focused site needs to be well designed via a web designer or well done design theme. If you’re using WordPress, resist the urge to use a stock, standard health blog. It fact, we often reject blogs that are lacking in design.
- You must be prepared to have at least 2 ads above-the-fold. This is essential for advertisers as the majority of clicks occur at the top of the page. You may need to re-design areas of your site to achieve this.
- Healthy Ads supports IAB size ads (728 x 90, 300×250 and 160 x 600) which are our standard sizes. However, there’s a great deal of advertiser demand for non-IAB sized ads. Health-focused bloggers need to be prepared to run interstitials, over-the-page-ads, background skins and video.
- Your blog should average over 5000 pageviews a month, which equals to about 1000-1500 people per month.
Finally, we’re always looking for premium Publishers to join the Healthy Ads Network, however we thoroughly review all Publisher applications. Having strict Publisher eligibility standards enables us to attract premium advertisers, which provides Publishers high-quality, visually appealing, audience-relevant advertising.